Replacing. Renault Scenic (2003)Tailgate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have obtained a replacement from a breaker, it comes complete with all electrics and has a metre of wiring loom with socket on end. Can anyone tell me where to locate the corresponding socket on my current one without having to totally rip out all my interior trim to find it?

Sponsored Links
Inside the boot, remove the left hand trim covering the wheel arch - I'm pretty sure the connector is in there.
It could be a good idea to check the wiring colours too - I don't recall seeing two Renaults having the same loom :eek:
John :)

Tie a bit of string to the old wiring to pull it out . Helps with pulling the new wiring in

Yeah, Burnerman is correct on the location. Word of advice, make sure the replacement gate is the same as regards the window ie, is it an opening window or a fixed one. If you put a different one on, and they will fit, the wiper won't work. I did that last year on one of these and although the breaker said I could swap it for the correct one, I haven't bothered yet and still have no rear wiper. I've got used to it now.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that the window is different so I might have the same problem.

I had the opening window tailgate which was dented so I got one from a breaker. I didn't even know the window on the old one opened until I got the replacement! When I swapped it all over I found that the wiper on the fixed window was unswitched and permanently on so I've just disconnected it. The plugs are the same shape but the opening one has extra wires and presumably pins in different positions. It probably wouldn't be too big a deal to tweak the wiring to make it work, but as the gate panel and the parcel shelf are also different I'd rather just get a like replacement. Probably worth speaking to your breaker before doing the job and seeing if he's got the same type as the one you're replacing. It's a straightforward enough job, I managed it without a helper to hold the gate up while tightening it, although it would be even easier with one.

Having said all that, mine is the Mark 1 facelift which only goes up to 2002, your 2003 model that I've just noticed might be different, although they're probably pretty much the same under the shape change.

This is the shape I'm referring to!

Last edited:
Back