Replacing render with boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having my front room redone and one of the walls needs re skimming. A biulder has suggested that as the render is loosing in a some places it's just as easy to hack off, re board and re plaster. Is this typically what is done these days?

Just dot and dab 12.5mm PB to the inside wall after the render has been knocked off and then skimmed?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
As long as there's no damp at the bottom of the wall that gave rise to the wall being rendered, then what he's proposing is reasonable. Check that the outside ground level hasn't been raised over the damp course, and hack off a bit of the render at the bottom 6" of the wall, and get it checked.

Perfect, thanks for that. So it’s an internal wall for this one but great tips for the external ones that I may have considered it for too. Thanks for that.

I’m guessing that by dot dab 12.5mm and a good skim will get a great finish. The wall is actually one where a wood burner is going into the chimney. I’m guess this is ok to do? The inside of the chimney will be fire cement rendered and outside it’ll be the PB and skim.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back