Replacing traditional galvanised water tank.

Screwfix will order anything they stock for next day delivery to their store or in most cases will deliver free to your home depending on the value of the order.

Most would want to fit a larger tank in the loft supported on a plywood base as this will give better pressure and with a larger volume to avoid running dry.

But if you just want to replace the existing tank then that will do the job as well.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile. It's not the header tank for the central heating it's the tank for the hot water from the taps it can't be undersized as it as been in use for over 50 years, this is the way they used to do the plumbing, way before combi boiler systems and taking cold water supply from the same tank.

Daniel yes there is loft space behind and above but that would make uneconomical and unnecessary complicated work.

Please forget doing this water supply any other way its just a replacement that I want to do.

The 18"x18"x18" that have links above would be the ones to chose.
Taking the Plumbnation one for example the £28 for delivery is a shocker, although the tank prices look to be in line with what one expect.
Am I unlikely to find a local stockist?
Thanks.
PlumbNation are owned by Travis Perkins, who also own City Plumbing, so anything you see on PN can be ordered from CP

Hi
Got the Polytank 18-18-18 at a local Travis Perkins this afternoon, thanks for all the help and advise.
With it came all new tank fittings just one puzzling me that is additional to the old way. On existing tank the safety overflow for if the ball valve input fails it is straight out into 22mm pipe this new tank connection has an L shape tube on the inside to be into the water, they call it a dip tube part BL 30/4 what's its purpose please.

Sponsored Links
You new tank is probably hardly 80 li.

But the norm for a loft tank is about 225 litres for a standard three bed semi.

Tony

You new tank is probably hardly 80 li.

But the norm for a loft tank is about 225 litres for a standard three bed semi.

Tony
Well larger than one coming out and been in use 55 years and its not in loft.

Its even worse when its not in the loft because the head of water is less and that reduces the flow even more.

Can you run a very good shower from yours?

Its even worse when its not in the loft because the head of water is less and that reduces the flow even more.

Can you run a very good shower from yours?
Shower ! how would I get a shower from one of my hot water taps?

image.jpeg

:ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back