Replacing Wickes alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My old Wickes wired alarm system has died after about 15 years so I'm looking to replace it. I want to make use of the existing wiring which I put in, so I think I only really need a new panel and bell box.

While I am no electronics expert, I was able to install the old one OK, but the instruction book was fairly foolproof!

I don't need any flashy panels that can dial your mobile etc, but my guess is that many will come with that option anyway these days. My existing set up is small - 4 PIRs and one door contact, so each has its own zone. I don't anticipate having to expand the system any further.

I see from this forum that the Texecom panels seem to be well respected, but are they easy to wire up for someone who has only ever done a Wickes one please? I know I could get someone in to do it for me, but I quite like a challenge . . .

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Same as Joe..Texecom , they come with a very good installer guide , get it online beforehand if nessessary and have a read.

Texecom are dead easy and if you get stuck - just ask.
....................ditto........................

Get a Veritas 8, it will do exactly what you need and still give room for expansion should you require in the future.

Sponsored Links
Another "+1" fror Texecom.

About as strightforward as you can get, and installation manual is cflear and concise.

Plus, there are enough suitably experienced, knowledgable and friendly members on here who can offer help and advice if you run into difficulties

Hi folks

Just a quick post to say thank you for your advice. A nice new Texecom panel is on my shopping list. And on my list of things to do . . . . .

Cheers :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back