Repointing attachment for angle grinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone have any recommendations for a dust extraction guard for an angle grinder, I see dewalt do a dedicated unit but this is £200 and from what I've read isn't much good. So I was thinking one of these maybe:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Protectiv...426300?hash=item4b081959bc:g:IMwAAOSwFe5X1WFD

You can see where you're going which seemed a plus to me.

I will only be using this on the bed joints.

Or any other tool recommendations much appreciated.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Are you a DIY'er? How much M2 do you intend to do?
There are mortar routing bits but they are best used after the bed/perp has been cut with an angle grinder. 9" & 115mm grinders.
All these tools need lots of practice before going on someone's wall.
You could grind it out and a helper could hold the vacuum against the dust spray.

About 50m2 yes I am a DIYer and I have tried the routing bits before and wasn't impressed, as soon as you hit a stone it pulls the grinder into the soft brick. I am more interested in these dust guards to keep the dust down. Grinder is fine but just throws dust everywhere.

As above, the router bit works best after disc cutting.
The only well successful dedicated rigs are the ones I've seen concrete guys using.
Most of the stuff, like the one you show, comes and goes away.

Overalls, gloves, glasses and a proper two filter mask respirator will easily get you through 52m2 - use a platform or tower if you have to go high.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back