Repointing gable end, but with extra problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I have the same problem appearing on all corners of my house (chalet bungalow).
At the bottom of the roof line, where it meets the wall, the corner section (the end of the soffit/fascia) has fallen away.
It was a rendered section of block & old timber, now leaving an open end of the fascia/soffit.
Because of this, in a couple of points, the tiles have slipped slightly.

I was planning on doing a white upvc boxing to match the fascia etc, to close it all in, but I'm not sure if I need to provide support to the bottom of the tiles. If so, then a lightweight box won't do this.

Any one got any thoughts on the best method to fix this?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated. I'm a bit lost on this one.

Sponsored Links
Ah, so then I can box in with a lightweight upvc box, and not need to support the tiles. Never knew that existed.

To rake out, fit undercloaking strip and re-mortar one roof edge, assuming no problem bits what sort of price would I be looking at as a rough estimate?

Cheers

Ben

What you have there is a standard cement verge/cloak/soffit detail (i.e. no timber barge board and soffit box) therefore you either requre a concrete kneeler or a corbeled brick overhang to stop off the soffit end

kneelers.gif

Sponsored Links
hello mate sorry havnt got back 2 you ,around 200-300 pounds
a big company would b more around 700 1its not hard you could do it yourself let me no how u got on thanks george

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back