Repointing inaccessible walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, my first post here so hope I've posting this in the right place

I recently bought a Victorian house that needs a lot of work doing to it, having been left to go to seed by the previous owners. Its technically a detached house, but for reasons we'll never know, the neighbouring house (a Victorian end of terrace) is only about 3 inches from mine.
Im currently having the roof replaced, and the roofers have been able to see down into the gap and the brick work is in a pretty bad way, with much of the mortar missing (presumably untouched since it was built in 1899).

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have any ideas or advice on what could be done to repair/protect the brickwork? Its basically inaccessible, so the roofers have suggested building the roof out to cover the gap and seal it off, but I was just wondering if there is anything that can be done before that to shore up the brick work.

Could anything be put in the gap to seal it, even if that technically joins our houses?!

Many thanks in advance for any ideas!

Sponsored Links
IMG-20210610-WA0001.jpg
Adding a photo....

Hi David - I just bought a place that has a similar problem. Please let me know if you have learned anything about how to deal with this…

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back