Repressurise boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I reoressurise my heatline capritz boiler. The tap on the right is stuck and won't move. How do I top it up without breaking it?

Sponsored Links
For the majority, myself included, that have no idea what a Heatline Capritz is, a photo would help. I suspect Heatline have re-badged another brand of boiler.

its a heatline Capriz not Capritz as said post a pic of the valve you are referring to

20210413_140324.jpg
20210413_140317.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's a rebadged boiler, not sure if Ideal or Glowworm...the case shape looks Glowworm.....but that's not important right now.

Fit the temporary filling link.
Pull the black lever on the right valve towards you to open it. If stuck take its handle off using a crosshead screwdriver, then use an adjustable spanner to turn the shaft anti-clockwise 1/4 turn when viewed from the right.
Open the other black handled valve to fill the system, close it when up to pressure.
Close the original valve before removing the link and re-attaching its lever.
Job done.

Thank you. I'll give it a try. So I open the right valve first. Sorry never been much good at this

Heatline phone number is in Belper, home of Glowworm.
vaillant who also own Glow worm, bought Heatline out, quite a few years ago now, they were just a cheap budget boiler, have seen worse boilers though, I used to be a repair agent for them and still have loads of stock which will never be used, hardly ever come across them these days, Vaillant were repairing them at one time but dont think they do anymore, not really sure though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back