Require new Boiler BTU ? KW ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Barker said:
otoh 35 kw combis proliferate the market and are cheaper still but still might make the grade.

There are more choices than just the Baxi in the 40kw region.

The two combi option is the best if practical in terms of fluing.

It doesn't take much to figure that out. You can get 48kW all at once giving 22 litres/min of pressurised water and zoned CH for £1,000. Where can you get that spec, for that sort of money?

The storage combi (whether Baxi ALpha or Worcester) has certain pros against the 40kw combis and certain cons. It isn't just a simple decision.

The storage combis do pile out the flowrate.

How about the Alpha solar pack and a cd32c? I'll come and supply and fit it for you for £6,000.

Well some fools would let you. :)

Sponsored Links
Water Systems said:
HarrogateGas said:
Lets remember we ALL have space for two combi's side by sides.

To be honest ive never heard of such nonsense in all my live.

Should we take you seriously when you advocate a Baxi. Poxi/Batterton are a waste of sheet metal. Go and work with some real boilers.

to say they will work 50% less s incorrect.i say parts will wear ideantical to having one boiler.

The fans will run the same the gas valve will open the same etc.

Please think. The upstairs combi will be off a lot of the time. The DHW is shared between the two, so less DHW switching by 50%. Of course they will last longer.

But your 50% figure is clearly wrong.

Water Systems said:
How about the Alpha solar pack and a cd32c? I'll come and supply and fit it for you for £6,000.

Well I had to repair one in York for Alpha, I saw the invoice, the installer had charged £6,600.

When I looked at the householders after that I couldn't get rid of the vision of mugs on their heads.

As for the two boiler one big boiler argument ensuing.

Energy smart price for a modern band A boiler including flue.

Vokera Unica 28HE £502.43 X2 = £1,004.86

combined power 56kw (gas supply allowing, which it probably will for reasons to follow)

Worcester Greenstar 40CDi £1023.06

And don't forget that whether you take Water's approach or mine or a combination of the two you still have a backup wjhen one breaks down, when your Worcester breaks down you have nothing until it fixed. One winter I couldn't get a Worcester engineer to a boiler in the same week.

NAyone who needs more than 28kw for each single point of use is wasting the planets resources unnecessarily.

OOPS forgot reasons to follow.

Band A boilers against popular myth can manage on the whole with poor pipesizing better thjan band B boilers as the fan/venturi draws the gas through the gas valve out of the pipe like a Trevi boost draws hot water...

Sponsored Links
That would be a zero governor then Paul.

I dossagree about your argument of band A and band B boilers.

The nature of how a Zero governor works, it needs 20mbar on the inlet.

Ive seen a Vokera Compact HE running off 12mbar on the inlet a Baxi 105he with 15 on the inlet both worked fine. But ive been to Isars and Worcester Greenstars and one Vailliant Ecomax with intermitant lockout with 17mbar on the inlet.

Paul Barker said:
Water Systems said:

Well I had to repair one in York for Alpha, I saw the invoice, the installer had charged £6,600.

When I looked at the householders after that I couldn't get rid of the vision of mugs on their heads.

They will never make that cost back from Solar. OK the solar cost is over and above the new boiler and other bits, which is still a lot of yen.

In a previous post I said when you have a boiler and cylinder and solar, the best is solar heat bank. It will deliver 45 litres/min, the solar heated water can be used by the CH and DHW. The extra for solar coil is not that great to the overall system cost.

Any engineer who specifies the Alpha system over a solar heat bank needs his head tested.

HarrogateGas said:

You are a lost case.

I always thought about coupling two combis, but first saw it in France - two Ferrolis. As I suggested, one does upstairs CH one down and they come together to heat the bath in a 1.5 bathoom house. It worked wonderfullly, the bath poured out the flowrate as they were full on - about 50kW of heat. Highly cost effective indeed, as combis are cheap mass produced items. I have done a number of them. Worcester-Bosch sent me a diagram on how to couple the outlets.

It is clear you can't get your head around the functionality and costings. In performance they deliver and costwise pee all over any other system offering the same functionality.

Water Systems said:
HarrogateGas said:

You are a lost case.

I always thought about coupling two combis, but first saw it in France - two Ferrolis. As I suggested, one does upstairs CH one down and they come together to heat the bath in a 1.5 bathoom house. It worked wonderfullly, the bath poured out the flowrate as they were full on - about 50kW of heat. Highly cost effective indeed, as combis atre cheap mass prioduced items. I have done a number of them. Worceste-Bosch sent me a diagram on how to couple the outlets.

It is clear you can't get your head around the functionality and costings. In performance they deliver and costwise pee all over any other system offering the same functionality.

What you speak about is a matter of opinion. I think your wrong.

HarrogateGas said:
Water Systems said:
HarrogateGas said:

You are a lost case.

I always thought about coupling two combis, but first saw it in France - two Ferrolis. As I suggested, one does upstairs CH one down and they come together to heat the bath in a 1.5 bathoom house. It worked wonderfullly, the bath poured out the flowrate as they were full on - about 50kW of heat. Highly cost effective indeed, as combis atre cheap mass prioduced items. I have done a number of them. Worceste-Bosch sent me a diagram on how to couple the outlets.

What you speak about is a matter of opinion. I think your wrong.

If you read what I wrote there is no opinion in it. I only go on facts and engineering logic and analysis.

- Does it have the functionality - yes.
- Does it cost less that other systems for the same functionality - yes.

It is also simple using standard appliances and parts and saves great space in the house.

You have never heard of this approach before that is clear. It is against the narrow way you approach matters. Just because you have not been doing it for 15 years doesn't mean it can't be done and done cost effectively. I, and Paul, have laid it out for you. If you can't figure it out there is nothing anyone can do with you.

On another matter Harrogate Gas can you nip round to Manor Rod Knaersborough for me and sort out a boiler losing pressure, on a CD24C (might be EV recharge and new PRV for all I know) and I'll square up with you round at Argi in the pub ;)

When you're in Kanersborough bung a new ignition Microswitch on an Ocean I've had in the back of the van waiting for another Knaersborough job.

Seriously when I come your way do you fancy a meet up some time so we can slag off Water Systems behind his back.

I have all hell on getting a customer to replace or have a new boiler let alone 2 :!: or having to build an outhouse for his commercial sized water heating system. :!:
Oh and not forgetting the water board coming to dig the road up and supply him a 50mm water main that will actually flow more than 25 litres :!: .

This has been a very amusing thread but I have to say that there appears to be one person who has lost a little grip on reality and what amused me even more was that the poor original poster had actually made his mind upto agree way before Water system stopped ranting :LOL: :LOL:

Paul you sent a shiver down my spine with the word Ocean.Havent see one for ages now. Still got the diaphragm washer packs though :)

Stan

Paul Barker said:
On another matter Harrogate Gas can you nip round to Manor Rod Knaersborough for me and sort out a boiler losing pressure, on a CD24C (might be EV recharge and new PRV for all I know) and I'll square up with you round at Argi in the pub ;)

When you're in Kanersborough bung a new ignition Microswitch on an Ocean I've had in the back of the van waiting for another Knaersborough job.

Seriously when I come your way do you fancy a meet up some time so we can slag off Water Systems behind his back.

Best to try to get some lateral thinking into him.

I prefer to be slagged off at my front.

[quote="watersystems" ]The plastic around one of the spades is burnt and fell away. Can this just be left bare or can tape be wrapped around it?[/quote]

do yourself a favour salesman **** off :rolleyes:

that do you bonny lad :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

pannierstan said:
Paul you sent a shiver down my spine with the word Ocean.Havent see one for ages now. Still got the diaphragm washer packs though :)

Stan

Yes loads of them still going strong, lovely old things.

kevplumb said:
[quote="watersystems" ]The plastic around one of the spades is burnt and fell away. Can this just be left bare or can tape be wrapped around it?

do yourself a favour salesman p**s off :rolleyes:

MOD 2

abuse removed

NO abuse was there to remove. What is your name? You are one of the Corgi shark contributor aren't you. DIY? DIY?

To anyone. What is his name?

He is one of these me thinks:

Agile, corgiman, Gasman1015, gazthepottertonengineer, ollski, pannierstan. Or kevplumb the monekeyhanger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back