Residence 9 Soffit Board

Damn it..........I will have to try some other local suppliers. I notice the stub cill has deceuninck labels so maybe this may a good match if they make foiled soffit boards.

Sponsored Links
I'm only after some standard sized trims so probably not going to be able to help any further.
Might be worth a quick email to both R9 themselves and maybe Renolit who basically make everyones foils

I've been on a pretty long investigation (wild goose chase) but I hope I have now found a supplier that uses the the same foil as R9 for their soffit board. I will post details once I have it all confirmed for anyone else who gets in this situation.

The long and short of this is that R9 are the only ones that use renolit crystal white foil, therefor to get an exact match you would have to embark on a custom lamination of the foil to your chosen size of soffit board. In all my inquiries (and I spoke to a hell of a number of extruders / laminators) I did find a company who did exactly this as they fitted lots of R9 systems and encountered this problem also. I am trying to arrange for some product to be sent but obviously due to the size restrictions is going to be problematic.

Sponsored Links
I think Eurocell can get trims custom colored if you know the Ral code. Or you can buy custom spray paints and special cleaning stuff required from company's like this
http://www.kolorseal.co.uk/
Min 2 can order last time I had some so was about £50 with the cleaning stuff in total

Hopefully I can sort something out with this company called Tradelink in stoke for the proper foiled product if not I'll have to look at other options.

Have to say I wasn't very impressed with the response from R9. I've basically spent about 4 hours on the phone to arrive at this conclusion.

I think Eurocell can get trims custom colored if you know the Ral code. Or you can buy custom spray paints and special cleaning stuff required from company's like this
http://www.kolorseal.co.uk/
Min 2 can order last time I had some so was about £50 with the cleaning stuff in total

I've just had a look at this company, they say they stock UPVC soffits made by eurocell - Would you say that the foiled white from Eurocell was a good match in respect to grain for the R9 that you looked at. I know you said the colour was off, but maybe I could get these guys to paint the eurocell product for me, as oppose to asking Eurocell.

Kolorseal will paint anything you want PVC wise, we use them a lot, say Kev from remco put you in touch. They're a eurocell stockist so so long as the grain matches they'll pull the board from stock and spray it, they may already know the Ral colour too

Yes the grain is good it just looked a bit yellow when viewed from some angles in some light conditions

You can see a bit of the finished edge in this pic too

Attachments

• IMG_4316.JPG
    IMG_4316.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 100
Right well after a wasted journey to meet the guy in Stoke this is not a match for the R9 foil, its a different colour and grain. Waste of a day! Its another manufacturers product, I suspect someone had their wires crossed here when they told me over the phone its def R9 foil and it was specially made. I phoned Kolorseal and they tell me they do not use couriers so I would have to go through Eurocell, just phoned them and they didn't exactly seem that enthusiastic about it, will get back to me with a price.

Attachments

• IMG-20171109-WA0003.jpeg
    IMG-20171109-WA0003.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG-20171109-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20171109-WA0001.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 101
Find out the R9 Ral code colour and just order 2 spray cans and the cleaning stuff. Should be an easy DIY

I probably will do that, the people at R9 tell me it is RAL9010 but I really do not think it is, Renolit tell me it is RAL9003 and a foil laminator tells me it is RAL9016!

I will ask Kolorseal as they tell me they have matched this before with actual colour measurements not RAL numbers.

I think I'll just use the board that I picked up today to make a temporary infill panel then use as a template when I've sprayed the new one up.

I would probably trust Kolorseal on it. The last paint I had off them (pretty standard Chartwell green to match Liniar windows) was a bang on match

Yes I would imagine they use a spectrophotometer as oppose to looking at a colour swatch in varying lighting conditions and peoples eyes. I worked in the print industry and this was the only way to get a true reading......if you're in the industry you've got to have one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back