Restoring original parquet floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks.

I just moved in to an old house which has parquet flooring through out the ground floor.

Can anyone advise how i go about restoring it. The wood itself is in very good condition however there is a layer of varnish which is in a terrible state. There are a few areas where it is loose and a few damaged areas which are small. about 1ft square total, but i found a box in the attic which has spare segments for the floor should i need them. :D Result there

My questions:
For the repairing what should i use to reapply the loose segments/new segments. Is there an special adhesive or would something like NoMoreNails do the job?

For restoration i have sourced a floor sander from a mate who works at a rental place for such things, but i am unclear on the steps to take for the best finish. How many times should i treat the wood? how many passes with the sander?
Proper steps to take would be great
but
Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back