Retaining Wall Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing the fence in the attached photo closer to the camera along the line of of the retaining slabs, which will also need to be replaced. Do you think concrete posts and stacked gravel boards will be sufficient, or will I need another solution such as railway sleepers, brick retaining wall etc? Any suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• Retaining Wall 1.jpg
    Retaining Wall 1.jpg
    551 KB · Views: 42
  • Retaining Wall 2.jpg
    Retaining Wall 2.jpg
    632.3 KB · Views: 39
Sponsored Links
Don't you like the slabs? If they are down below the paving a little and angled back a bit more, they will be fine.

Posts and boards should be OK

Thanks for the reply. I'm moving the boundary and associated fence so the fence would need to be inside the slabs which would not align with the boundary and make the most of the space.

I wasn't sure about posts and gravel boards being strong enough from reading previous forum posts. If you think they are fine however, then that would be ideal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back