Rewire mess

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Rewire starts next week.

We are moving out of the house for a week even though the job is lasting up to three weeks including plastering.
We were quoted two and a half weeks to finish the job which sounds a long time but this was the only electrician registered, reccomended and who bothered to turn up for a quote.

How bad is the mess of a rewire? Does anyone have any pics of "post chasing"?

I need to prepare myself :confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi.

Where I work, we do up house and bungalow and we can rewire a 3 beds house for 4 days inc plastering chasing.

It would not be a mess, we used electric chasing tool with hoover, dustsheet all over, bond fill, white filler, sand, after it would not be bad.

2 and a half weeks is a long time :eek: . What the size of your house, 3bed? 2?1?

4 bed house.

five days for chasing and first fix.

week for plaster.

2 days for comm and testing.

Elec and helper to do the work. Plasterer subcontracted by elec.

what seems to have b...d up the project is the length of time the plasterer has estimated to patch the stuff up.

We have a lot of downlights that we want to remove.

I really don't have a choice cause this guy is registered and reccomended.

The other 10+ I rang did not ring back, said to ring next week when they are in the area, say they were registered part p when they ain't etc etc

quote is for 3700 for everything

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back