rewire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, iam looking to have my house rewired in a couple of weeks, i was thinking under the 17th regs do all the heights if my switches, sockets etc have to change? they are currently fed using oval pipe so easy to feed upagain, also the db height, is it acceptable to have in at ceiling height? they are quite low :)

Sponsored Links
Think it is more the accessablilty part of the building regs which require the accessories to be at a particular height, as far as I am aware as long as it doesn't leave it less compliant with the building regs then you can keep them at the same height.

hi, iam looking to have my house rewired in a couple of weeks, i was thinking under the 17th regs do all the heights if my switches, sockets etc have to change? they are currently fed using oval pipe so easy to feed upagain, also the db height, is it acceptable to have in at ceiling height? they are quite low :)

new heights apply to new builds if you are happy with them where they are
no problem

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back