rewireable fuses

Just thought i'd bring this back from the grave to imparts some useless information on Falkes (makers of one of the boxes shown)

Falkes-Veritas were a big name in gas lighting from the 1850s and moved into electrical engineering early on, they were based somewhere in east england and their products were sold by W.J Furse wholesale (they may have been part of Furse who were a big company at the time)

Later they sold out to Valor and were last seen making camping lights and gas heaters c1980.

Other rare makes for fuseboard spotters are: Lupus (originators of the MCB board in the UK), Revo, G.E.-Simplex, particularly rare in the Uk is early Merlin Gerrin stuff, a local country house has original mahogany/glass/ceramic M-G fabrique en paris boards with capping wiring - all still working!!

I'll get my coat (anorak) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Wylex was originally part of George H Scholes (Sticker on old brown Wylex!), which then became Electrium, and then absorbed into Siemens plc - (See back of current Wylex brochure).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back