Rewring just done and chasing not dep enough

zj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just purchased a property which was in need of a rewire.

The rewiring has now been done and the plasterer was due to start in a couple of days.

However on inspection some of the chasing is not deep enough in a couple of areas and the metal plate sits outside the depth of the wall.

Im guessing the chasing needs to be redone in these areas or can the plate be removed and the wires plastered over directly?

Sponsored Links
Get the electrician back.

He's provided metal capping, it's better to have than not to have it. It does provide some protection.

He should have seen to it that it's deep enough to cover.

He should chase it in a bit for free.

The capping is there to help the plasterer. If he/she wants to get rid of it then, as long as they don't damage the cable all is good.

Sponsored Links
I don't think it's up to the plasterer to decide to remove bits of the electrical installation. He (or she...) would then have to fix the cables in place. They don't have cable clips on them.

I tend to go berserk when plasterers (or plumbers...) start interfering.

Thanks for all the replies.

Electrician came back in when i wasn't home and when I got back I found they have left a few of the metal plates loose as only tacked with a couple of masonry nails.

Im assuming the metal plates need to be secured tight with no movement for plastering?

Don't you just love it when you pay someone to do a job and they come back to correct the problems you highlighted but they leave doing a half hearted job and creating further problems :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back