RGB Strip Light with Fibaro RGB Controller Project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I Installed 1.4 Meters worth of RGB LED strip light at the back of my desk a couple of months ago as I had some spare from the main qtx RGB strip light in my kitchen that I installed a few years ago.

With my recent move to sell my outdated X10 Automation and to slowly invest in the Z-Wave and Samsung SmartThings platform, I decided it was time to put the RGB Strip light on my desk to use.

So I have made a control box what will house a Fibaro RGBW Z-Wave enabled controller (FGRGBWM441 Data Sheet) that should hopefully arrive tomorrow along with some other general bits of Z-Wave stuff for around my house.

The Fibaro RGBW controller will fit in the electronic project box that I made below, and that will likley be mounted at the back corner of my desk. The box is powered from a 2A 12V DC plug pack, and the strip light is 12V 16.8W per/m.

DC Input & RGB Output (Bottom two pins +12V, top pins RGB respectively):

View media item 98508
Main On/Off switch & Momentary RGB buttons (Ones red as shop placed order wrong):

View media item 98509
General view inside:

View media item 98510
Switches (Yes, I have since fixed the dodgy soldering next to the main switch):

View media item 98511
Input & Output Jacks:
View media item 98512
Lead to RGB Strip Light:

View media item 98513

Let me know what you think of my little project. I will post a follow up once I have the module installed and working.

Regards: Elliott.

Sponsored Links
Update: All is working well now, although I did make a small pebcac type error at first as the Fibaro RGB Controller would simply not work initially. Photo 5 is be a clue...Lucky the controller survived it though!

Here's the photos will the Fibaro controller installed:

View media item 98517
View media item 98518

For those interested in how I implemented the software side of setting it up, see here.

Questions welcome of course.

Regards: Elliott.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back