Rgi's using introducers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if any of you guys use introducing companies?, I'm currently under local heroes but they don't have much work and I don't really want to throw them cash hand over fist. Who is good to use right now?

Sponsored Links
Just wondering if any of you guys use introducing companies?, I'm currently under local heroes but they don't have much work and I don't really want to throw them cash hand over fist. Who is good to use right now?
Never heard of introducer companies.Introduce yourself.

Checkatrade, mybuilder, local hero’s are all pretty much the same thing.

You will mixed feelings on here with people saying it’s only cowboys who work through these.. that is utter garbage you will get good and bad on there same as not through there.

Facebook works well if you haven’t already setup a page that can be good.

Checkatrade, mybuilder, local hero’s are all pretty much the same thing.

You will mixed feelings on here with people saying it’s only cowboys who work through these.. that is utter garbage you will get good and bad on there same as not through there.

Facebook works well if you haven’t already setup a page that can be good.
Im sceptical of them..If some useless rgi is paying checkatrade £100 per month they are not going to refuse it or broadcast he is crap.And good reviews can be bought.
Not sure what Joe public makes of them,but like all these things,two sides to it.

Sponsored Links
The problem with all these recommendation sites especially with the gas/plumbing and electrical trades is that the customers are in no position to know whether the job has been done properly and is fully compliant....so their recommendations mean little.
Just because you open a tap at the end of the day and you get hot water or you switch on a light doesn't indicate the quality and compliance of the job.

The problem with all these recommendation sites especially with the gas/plumbing and electrical trades is that the customers are in no position to know whether the job has been done properly and is fully compliant....so their recommendations mean little.
Just because you open a tap at the end of the day and you get hot water or you switch on a light doesn't indicate the quality and compliance of the job.

Same goes for plumbers and electricians who are not on these sites. If Joe the plumber fixed mrs Smith’s tap she might then tell her friend that the plumber was good even though she has no idea he bodged it and actually did a bad job.

There is absolutely no difference to that and a review from one of them sites.

That's why I quite like working through local heroes, it's commission of each job and customer gets all your business details and they get a 12 month guarantee with bg that can't disappear. There just isn't enough work there yet. They don't do reviews at all. I've found Facebook totally useless, reviews don't work for me so it looks like no one recommends us. We promote ourselves pretty well, just like to keep really busy. I prefer repair work and that needs a lot more customer throughput in the first few years.

That's why I quite like working through local heroes, it's commission of each job and customer gets all your business details and they get a 12 month guarantee with bg that can't disappear.

Is the call back not charged to you, or do you not have to stand by the guarantee?

(I am not arguing, just asking)

Well the guarantee is actually provided by the trader who does the work same as it is with any other job so it would come back to you unless signed as a temporary repair. What I mean is the customer knows they have that bg back up for 12 months.

Any decent tradesman won't need introducing to anyone, he/she will be busy as fook and will take weeks to get booked in. Especially this time of year.

Any decent tradesman won't need introducing to anyone, he/she will be busy as fook and will take weeks to get booked in. Especially this time of year.

Its different if that decent tradesperson has recently left full time employment and has decided to start up on their own though.

How did you start when new to the game you automatically had hundreds of people booking you? People who have been in the job they do for years forgot how hard it can be to start. Every trades person is introduced in some form or another an advertisement on a website or newspaper, word of mouth, social media and these dedicated sites (checkatrade etc) you can’t do zero advertisement and think you will be “busy as fook” that is a lie.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back