Rhine drying up

JP_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Rhine, a major commercial shipping route in Europe, cannot take fully laden ships as the levels are so low. And they are still fulling.
Half of France is on fire.
We're in recession and may have a depression.

Climate change, Brexit, covid, really is the perfect storm.

I wonder if people will finally take it more seriously as they lose their jobs and watch their homes subside or burn down? Probably not!

Sponsored Links
The Rhine, a major commercial shipping route in Europe, cannot take fully laden ships as the levels are so low. And they are still fulling.

I wonder if people will finally take it more seriously as they lose their jobs and watch their homes subside or burn down? Probably not!

What do you suggest we all do than

Mass suicide ??

Armed insurrection / riots

En masse civil disobedience

Or ????

What do you suggest we all do than

Mass suicide ??

Armed insurrection / riots

En masse civil disobedience

Or ????
Take climate change seriously and stop listening to half wits that want to slow down action to limit it.

As a start that is.

Sponsored Links
Take climate change seriously and stop listening to half wits that want to slow down action to limit it.

As a start that is.
Stop reading what the half wits write.

As a start that is.
;)

As a start that is.

In which case the gas price and fuel
Costs are an advantage to climate change

Every cloud and all that

All the greens / tree huggers should be as happy as pigs in wat sit

No worries I will still listen to you

In which case the gas price and fuel
Costs are an advantage to climate change

Every cloud and all that

All the greens / tree huggers should be as happy as pigs in wat sit

No worries I will still listen to you
No one is happy that the poorest in society are going to get screwed over.

But the reality that fossil fuels are unreliable and expensive will help renewables in the future. If you're desperate to find a silver lining then that's probably the best we can find.

No one is happy that the poorest in society are going to get screwed over.

But the reality that fossil fuels are unreliable and expensive will help renewables in the future. If you're desperate to find a silver lining then that's probably the best we can find.

Yep all the whingers about gas and fuel prices will know that that there scrafice will be for the betterment of human kind

Take one for the team for the future generation

Save the planet
The government should do nowt just leave it to market forces

Back to nature the fittest survive

No doubt you are setting an example in your life :ROFLMAO:

Yep all the whingers about gas and fuel prices will know that that there scrafice will be for the betterment of human kind

Take one for the team for the future generation

Save the planet
The government should do nowt just leave it to market forces

Back to nature the fittest survive

No doubt you are setting an example in your life :ROFLMAO:
What's happening to gas and electricity bills is not the fault or to the benefit of Green policies.

The huge prices are in part because we have refused to install the cheapest renewable energy. If we can't point out that the 'dash for gas' has had issues now, when can we?

Good. Hopefully we'll all be wiped off the face of the earth, we're nothing but a scourge on it anyway.

• Thanks
Reactions: JP_
I don't believe in God.

But I find it interesting that "the book" tells the story of the creation of the universe and its early inhabitants and among the list of dos and don'ts is greed.

Of course, you don't need a religious book to tell you how to live your life and that you shouldn't be greedy, among other things. I know that you should be kind to people, that you shouldn't steal, kill, shag thy neighbour etc.....

But greed (and stubbornness) has been the killer of this planet.

Greed by people wanting to make mega profits without caring about any effect on the planet.

Stubbornness on the part of people refusing to accept that they should modify their behaviour in order to lessen any negative effects on the planet.

Decades ago, certain countries implemented stringent systems to deal with recycling of materials. At this time, there should have been efforts to get every major waste-producing country to sign up to a charter outlining the treatment of waste products.

It's a bit like smoking; we have known for decades that it was really bad for health, but only comparatively recently has there been efforts to get smokers to cut down or stop.

Waste products should be contained and treated rather than being released to the environment. Effluent and sewage should not be poured into rivers and water courses. All materials should be recycled. A good way to do this would be to make a hefty charge on the purchase price of any manufactured object (not just packaging) which is refunded on its return to an official collection point. Countries would become self-cleaning as people collect waste objects in order to claim the deposit.

The waste produced by one country would forbidden from leaving that country.

Imagine that systems like this were introduced in the 60s/ 70s. How much better off would the planet be now?

Countries would become self-cleaning as people collect waste objects in order to claim the deposit.
Brings back memories of my childhood days in Bournemouth. In the evening the local kids would collect up pop bottles discarded on the beach by visitors. Those bottles each earned us the one penny deposit on them when returned to the local refreshment stalls/shops.

It's a bit dry out there.

FB_IMG_1660398681191.jpg

Apparently, there'll even be a hosepipe ban up north!

Sponsored Links
Back