Ridge problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning. I've stripped the rear of my roof this week and re-felted and battened it. I now have a bit of a problem with the over hang on the apex. It seems as though the apex wall has moved out as I had a 25mm gap between my tiles before. Now there all back on I don't seem to have any overhang at the top and about 50mm at the bottom. They are interlocking tiles Marley Ludlow I think. Is this a problem anyone has seen before and how did you get over it. I've thought about maybe trying to use a dry verge system but not sure how it would work. Any advice would be great cheers

Sponsored Links
Best bet is take them off again then line the roof out with a chalk / dye line from top to bottom and from the left giving say 40mm over hang. then tile from the right again with 40mm as you tile pull the tiles open then as you go you will get closer and closer to your chalk lines. once your on the line then simply keep them there. easy. Of course I am assuming you have a good few metres of roof length..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back