Riello 40 - changing motor, fan seized onto shaft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, went to replace the motor on my Riello 40 and I'm struggling to get the fan off the shaft. Removed the grub screw but no joy, tried release oil and even warming the fan hub with a blowtorch. Applied as much pressure as I could without damaging anything.
Anyone have any tips or know where I can get a puller small enough to pull the fan off?
Failing that, where's the best place to get a new fan in case I have to butcher the old one to get it off?

p.s. put it all back together and it still runs - maybe a little noisier than before so would like to get this fixed soon.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Removal tools are availlable but it would be cheaper to replace the impellor.
I have changed hundreds of these motors without using an extractor.
With carefull tapping of the hub and shaft they always release.
If you can get a hacksaw blade between the impellor and motor, the shaft can be cut and the piece in the hub can be drifted out.
I think it is REGIN who market the puller.

Thanks Terry, once I have a new fan I'll try a bit harder.
£60 for the puller :eek:

Once you have The Oil Pump off, stick a Large Screwdriver into the back of the Motor to lock the shaft, in doing this, and after removing the Grub screw from the fan and sparying WDSquirty on it you should be able to turn the fan on the shaft which you can hold against, by yusing a turning motion you should be able to persuade the fan to slide upi the motr shaft and off. do not lever the fan in any way as you will put it out of shape and balance, and there is not much clearance in the fan housing for a mishapen fan.

If you do a few OFTEC sell the Carpenter Reillo fan puller which if you do more than 2 a month, will soon pay for it ;) self

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back