Riello Mectron 3BM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
I have a Riello Mectron 3BM boiler ,the other day it started to squeel and make a horrible noise ,My late farther in law use to fix the boiler when it when wrong :cry: and as he is not here I am trying to maintain the boiler .I think it might be the bearings and dont know were to oill them like farther in law did ,dose anyone know were i do this as mum in law has no heating and hot water .if anyone can tell me step by step that would be great :p
thankyou moggymarts :D :D

Sponsored Links
The squeal will likely be from the motor bearings (replacable and rebuildable) but the bearings are usually sealed for life with no lubrication points. The other likely place is the oil pump itself (only really replaceable). Either way, it means a complete strip down of the burner unit to access them.
John :)

it looks like I will have to replace some bits ,i took it off yesterday and had a look,then put it back on ,it starts off makeing a big humming noise and the starts to squeal for about three mins and wount fire :( so i am very confused ,could you tell me what i need to replace and how do i fit it on,i am willing to fit it myself and cut the cost down .this would be a great help to me ,
thanks martin :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back