Riello RDB 50/70SH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been recently experiencing problems with my Riello RDB 50/70SH burner (Grant 50-70 Euroflame boiler). The problem is that when the boiler comes on i can hear the burner motor going and there is ignition after about 20 to 30 seconds. However, when the boiler switches off to regulate temperature for the central heating or hot water, then only the burner motor can be heard and there is no ignition i.e. there is only warm to cold air coming out of the flue.

The burner motor is on continously and only switches off when the reset button is pressed or when the boiler is turned off.

At the moment i am having to turn the central heating on, wait for the re-start (which never happens), turn off system, wait half an hour then turn everything back on.

So had the boiler serviced in October 2008 and it is only 2 years old, is this a common fault ??

any help would be appreciated

Thanks G

Sponsored Links
photocell. or control box. have had a solenoid coil give similiar probs for some reason.

get someone in, to chuck some bits at it. :D

2 years old +, or not quite 2 years old?

If not quite, it's under warranty, ring Grant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back