Right angled plug?

I wonder what the OP is doing about this?
Might just be easy enough to turn the power off, undo the screws and rotate the socket 180 and refit, that gives more room.
then turn the power back on

Sponsored Links
I wonder what the OP is doing about this?
Might just be easy enough to turn the power off, undo the screws and rotate the socket 180 and refit, that gives more room.
then turn the power back on
Not sure he can do that its a twin socket :)

You have just given me an idea for an inadvisable, inappropriate and over the top solution! ;)

View attachment 262318 + View attachment 262319
I thought this had been suggested earlier but no I don't see it.
However
42631462.jpg
will be cheaper (assuming the current sky box takes this) https://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/pe...PING&s_kwcid=AL!5616!3!224648252532!!!network}!426919221793!&gclid=CjwKCAiAvOeQBhBkEiwAxutUVJNOAJcdVBD9RDnz1uq4m9KrPXtpS5-TmYP9X0H1K_lBYgVgtrxBZxoCmi8QAvD_BwE
Ebay may be cheaper.

If it was me i would do this if I COULDNT resite or replace the socket
View attachment 262377 View attachment 262378

OK maybe not 100% legal I have control of its use and am aware to not pull on the cable to remove the plug
So, you have "amended" a Plug conforming to BS1363 to have a "rear entry" position for the "cord" - something available for the "standard" plug in most other countries but not (so far) provided by manufactures in the UK!

There does appear to be a (small) opening for such a product - with an appropriate "strain relief" included.

Sponsored Links
So, you have "amended" a Plug conforming to BS1363 to have a "rear entry" position for the "cord" - something available for the "standard" plug in most other countries but not (so far) provided by manufactures in the UK!

There does appear to be a (small) opening for such a product - with an appropriate "strain relief" included.
A cable tie behind it (if it fits) would suffice.

Can he just not run a single spur socket from the double socket and put it sideways?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back