Right or wrong to be sacked

Sponsored Links
I became disillusioned with charities many years ago when they started telling me how much I ought to give them. :eek: :eek: :eek: I think it started with those little envelopes that dropped through the letter box. Barnado's and Christian Aid were regulars and we always put something in. But then I spotted something new on them. It was a direct debit form. :eek: :eek: :eek: Not so bad perhaps except that the amount was already filled in. What a cheek! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Then the letters came; always with a sob story (of course) and always with that direct debit telling me how much I should give them. What worried me most was that somebody old and confused might easily mistake these things for bills and pay up without thinking. :evil: :evil: :evil: This is money grubbing pure and simple. Not many envelopes come through the letter box these days. Maybe it isn't 'cost effective' to collect them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The letters go straight in the bin.

We also get bags. We never throw anything out if it can be sold in a charity shop or jumble sale but even then we choose carefully. We've had quite a few scam charity bags land on our doormat and even more that say ****** donates £x for every ton collected. I also know two people who refuse to donate anything to a very large and well known charity (not the RSPCA) because they've heard about how little of the money actually gets to those who need it.

And one more thing ---

Have you noticed that some charities have put their prices up recently. It used to be "Just £2 a month would ---". Now they want £3 a month! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sponsored Links
Help the aged used to tickle me.
I would ask then what they were doing for my 89 year old grandmother with lung disease and other illnesses.
We did everything for her, door entry, a nice TV and radio. Her shopping and bathing.
Never once asked for anything.

So where does all this money go?

I think several have sussed this out, and its not to the needy. Same for aid abroad. What good does it actually do?

Fuc all springs to mind.

Back