Right or wrong to be sacked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think this is the right, or wrong decision?

Just been reading about the man who dressed as a snail taking part in the London Marathon. He was hoping to raise £100k but only managed £20k....a decent amount.

I think its a disgrace, he is always fund raising and has raised over £5m over the years.

The excuse they given, is that they incured too many costs! Rubbish!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-13751871

Sponsored Links
theirs another reason their decision but who knows why
proably does not want to advertise it

These charities are fund raising businesses. They are not volunteers but paid employees and they take a handsome salary before the folk that they are raising cash for se a penny.... As with any business if you don't perform you get the boot.

Personally, I see these charities as pretty low, my interpretation of a charity is that the staff are volunteers and only expenses are taken from the fund.

If the end benificiaries see a penny in the pound, then they are doing well.

Sponsored Links
Action For Kids founder Sally Bishop confirmed that the Board of Trustees asked Mr Scott to leave the charity.

I wonder how many thousands of pounds the trustees were each paid out of the income.

Quite3 a lot I would imagine, its a common mistake to think people who work for charitys do it for little money out of the goodness of their hearts , this is far from the truth, google jobs charity and see how much they really earn at the top.

Income this year at £2,446,943 is 11% higher than last year’s total of £2,205,066 and is once again a new record. This is despite the severe economic conditions that have been ever present during the year and continues into the current one… However, our total expenditure on charitable activities, as included in the Statement of Financial Activities, reached yet another new high of £1,903,078…

Wages and employment costs (including pensions) are given at: £1,159,392.

Two employers earned over £60,000 during the year.

Just a thought....what if he did raise 100k and they sacked him because of the embarrassment it would have caused to get the money.

is he (was he) a full time worker who gets paid a wage to do stuff for charity?

what advertising did the charity do prior to the marathon?

so what they saying, if he raises more money, they don't want it?

Although I'm sure that there are exceptions, those folk who collect for charities are on a wage... Although I may be wrong, I would wager that thos people who rattle their tins in the entrances to supermarkets are there because the supermarket has charged a fee for them to be there.... I really don't want to see these professional beggars when I go shopping... Perhaps one day I'll complain to the manager..

These days charities are one great big scam milking members of the public who believe that their money is going to a good cause..

The actual charities, I believe receive something like 3 pence from every pound collected, the rest goes to administration, top bosses getting thousands of pounds.

Wotan

The actual charities, I believe receive something like 3 pence from every pound collected, the rest goes to administration, top bosses getting thousands of pounds.

Wotan

That's a point Wotan...the other being, this guy was staying at top London hotels, so the amount received was less than his hotel bill. Sacked. Simples.

I've WORKED for charities, take note Dangermouse46, and they are so corrupt, from bottom up, it's unreal. So how much the bosses take, or distribute to 'friends' is unreal...

Sponsored Links
Back