Rigifix vs Dryline Pro vs Wall Anka

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, hope this is posted in the right place.

Moved into a house that has dot & dab walls, so I've been looking into the best kind of fixings I can use to mount curtain poles, tv's, etc.

I've done a fair bit of reading about Rigifix and Dryline Pro, and it seems to come down to personal preference as to what one is recommended.

But in looking into those two I've stumbled across a new player in the market that seems to have launched towards the end of last year - Wall Anka http://www.wallanka.com. It uses a system of plastic washers to support the board on top of the wall.

There's a pretty impressive YouTube video (obviously made by the inventor/manufacturer so heavily biased) where three guys hang off a pull-up bar.

Does anyone have any experience using these new ones? Or is it best to stick with Rigifix or Dryline Pro, and if so what would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Sponsored Links
All gimmicks

Just use a suitablly long frame or window fixing - ie a long plug with a screw in it.

Just use a suitablly long frame or window fixing - ie a long plug with a screw in it.

OK, thanks. Are there any issues with the plasterboard being pulled towards the blockwork with that?

There are only small spaces in between the dabs, so the board does not get pulled.

I also prefer window fixings where the screw tightens does not get pulled in like it does with typical screws and plugs such as the hammer fix type. But either will do dependings on what is being fixed - curtain poles can be normal screws and plugs or the 'hammer fix' type, but perhaps a heavy TV might be better with a window fixing.

Also select for the type of block, as soft lightweight 'thermalite' type blocks are notoriously difficult to get any type of strong fixing - so deeper plugs are normally needed.

Sponsored Links
For a heavy duty fixing I have used rawlbolts with a suitable length steel spacer. I would think chemical fixings would work just as well but not tried them.

Thanks for the advice. I hadn't thought about using chemical/resin. Once of the curtain poles is going into a pretty tough lintel so I might need to go that route if I can't get a good fixing.

Chemical fixings are for bolt studs. Non removable bolt studs at that. Not what you really want in your front room holding a curtain pole up. :confused:

Chemical fixings are for bolt studs. Non removable bolt studs at that. Not what you really want in your front room holding a curtain pole up. :confused:

I was thinking a squirt of resin followed by a long plug would be pretty solid. Probably a bit of a bodge job though, right?!

I was thinking a squirt of resin followed by a long plug would be pretty solid. Probably a bit of a bodge job though, right?!

You will never get the screws back out once the resin sets. There is no need and no value in messing about with resin unless there are very high pulling forces. You won't get those with anything that needs fixing inside a house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back