Ring not a ring

If you really were concerned about safety as you claim, you'd take heed of the advice you've had from many people in here about the way you express yourself
Can you provide a logical, reasoned explanation of what was wrong with the way I expressed myself here:

Are you and you employer familiar with your duties and responsibilities in the Electricity At Work Regulations, and with the terms & conditions in the tenancy agreement and all the insurances?

?

specifically about how to express yourself in a positive way which gets the safety message across, rather than your usual way which gets anything you say ignored as (as the OP put it) you make yourself look like a knob.
So was that comment from him a logical, reasoned explanation of why he does actually have the right to decide who will or will not post in topics he starts?

Sponsored Links
Can you provide a logical, reasoned explanation of what was wrong with the way I expressed myself here:

Are you and you employer familiar with your duties and responsibilities in the Electricity At Work Regulations, and with the terms & conditions in the tenancy agreement and all the insurances?

?
I will admit that it is not to your usual standards - which are usually to start to "question the level of intelligence" of anyone who needs to ask a question. But then, it has no bearing on the OPs question, nor the thread as a whole, it looks just like your usual "any chance to stick your nose in" approach to things.

specifically about how to express yourself in a positive way which gets the safety message across, rather than your usual way which gets anything you say ignored as (as the OP put it) you make yourself look like a knob.
Like I'm going to take on board anything said by someone as unintelligent as him.
Ah yes, didn't take you long.
The OP asked that you stay off his threads. True, he cannot insist, but it is the prerogative of anyone starting a thread to request that. Clearly he values your input so much that he would prefer to go without your abusive attitude.
Your response to such a request is ? (to paraphrase) "I don't give a **** what you think, I'll post what I want where I want". Like the loud drunk in the pub determined to give you his opinion regardless of whether you want it or not.

Calling you a knob in response isn't very strong - but now you dismiss him as unintelligent. Granted it's not exactly an elegant insult, but as you prove time and time again, it's not evidence of low intelligence.

Sponsored Links
Oh I am - was never not.

Just thought it ironic for SimonH2 to be going on about my "abusive" attitude when he writes "now p**s off" and you (with his approval) call me a nob.

More than a whiff of hypocrisy there.

Oh I am - was never not.

Just thought it ironic for SimonH2 to be going on about my "abusive" attitude when he writes "now p**s off" and you (with his approval) call me a nob.

More than a whiff of hypocrisy there.

I don't think you're over it, you could have let it drop.... do you want the last word?

...If you really were concerned about safety as you claim, you'd take heed of the advice you've had from many people in here about the way you express yourself - specifically about how to express yourself in a positive way which gets the safety message across, rather than your usual way which gets anything you say ignored as...

That is a very astute observation, Simon.

He's right, you know, B-A-S; if safety was your primary concern then you would work harder at getting people to understand the core *electrical* point that you're trying to make. The fact that you don't makes me for one suspect that you enjoy the "sport" of the argument (thin-line between that and trolling) and making yourself heard, more than trying to help anyone avoid serious injury.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back