Ring Pro doorbell - power cable extension help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just upgraded my Ring 2 doorbell to a powered Ring Pro doorbell. The problem I have is the power adaptor cable I bought is too short. I need to extend it but am not sure on what cable to use to extend it. I've gone to some local electrical suppliers, Homebase and a few other places but can't find a cable that is the same. The cable is twin thin cable that I've seen on most power adaptors for kids toys etc.
The power adaptor is 18V 0.5A AV. I've seen speaker flex in Wickes, it says it is suitable for low voltage. Will it be OK for 18V? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

IMG_20190717_224746.jpg
IMG_20190718_124638.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks, so I thought I'd ask at the customer service counter if the cable is rated 18 VAC, but after checking their website they were unable to tell me. I have taken a pic of the back packaging. Do any of these numbers so the rating?

Attachments

• IMG_20190719_180717.jpg
    IMG_20190719_180717.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 138
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back