RIP Little Richard

Sponsored Links
Ah, those were the days.

RIP

Isn't it strange how the 'Rock and roll lifestyle' seems to kill some really young yet has little effect on others?

Ah, those were the days.

RIP

Isn't it strange how the 'Rock and roll lifestyle' seems to kill some really young yet has little effect on others?

Is the effect any more pronounced than in the general public though?

Speaking from personal experience, I know quite a few friends that have passed away in their twenties through forties, without having wild lifestyles.....

Sponsored Links
Dunno.

My old man always bemoans the healthy heads of hair and general health of the old rockers.
Usually along the lines of him not having drunk a litre of spirits a day for years, nor taken drugs , nor smoked, yet being bald, wrinkly, and generally f++++d:mrgreen:

Yes, I have noticed that about the hair. Are they all transplants - or wigs?

Mick Jagger's is unbelievable.

He wasn't gardening, he was arsing about with Angie from EastEnders! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Must have been a great night, all those names for 10/6. Don Arden the original rock and roll swindler as promoter.

Sounds Incorporated were probably Little Richard's (and everyone else's) backing group on the night, as they are in the following clip from 1964:

Filmed in Manchester. Watch out for Jimmy Saville in the audience, on the prowl.

Yes, 'Sounds Inc' were the backing band - as they were for many acts, never quite made it as recording artists, but they made great sounds !!
It is said they finished up in Oz - made a no.2 hit (hit parade position !) down there and finished up in '71 - 10 good years.

-0-

Sponsored Links
Back