Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
albania in that not bankrupt country
in balkands of main muslim religon
may be he seeking enlightment
or not

Sponsored Links
Hi folks. The quote sounds quite low to me considering that the gas fitting industry is the most corrupt in the world. He should have gone for a fixed price from BG.

When the fitters in here see their own parents ripped of by tarmac gangs they cry foul - but it's the same old gangs these days that have gone into gas fitting. Drive past any residential caravan site and see the vans outside.

What do you think? When British Gas is the cheapest kid on the block there has to be a problem. It's a bit like saying the main Ford dealer is the cheapest for service and repairs. There should be a 'book price' for each job as there is in the motor trade.

Wonderful idea Joe. Why don't you add everybody getting the same wages, and paying in roubles?

By the way, there is no such thing as fixed prices in the motor trade, in fact, that would be price fixing which is prohibited under British law.
Every independent garage can charge whatever they want as long as the customer agrees before hand.

Any more clever contributions?

Wonderful idea Joe. Why don't you add everybody getting the same wages, and paying in roubles?

By the way, there is no such thing as fixed prices in the motor trade, in fact, that would be price fixing which is prohibited under British law.
Every independent garage can charge whatever they want as long as the customer agrees before hand.

Any more clever contributions?

They have a guide price published. Ripping off pensioners isn't clever is it? Then again maybe that's what you do eh? I seem to recall that you aren't a time-served fitter but came from engineering looking for a quick buck - like ripping off pensioners. :rolleyes:

I seem to recall that you aren't a time-served fitter but came from engineering looking for a quick buck - like ripping off pensioners. :rolleyes:

:eek: ............that's slander......i was always under the impression Bengasman came into the gas industry when he left school. :eek:

The information was given by him - how can he slander himself?

They have a guide price published.
A price guide is a far cry from a fixed price.

Ripping off pensioners isn't clever is it?
Although I would probably not have charged as much as the amount mentioned by the op ( though nobody can tell what is fair without being on site ) the client agreed to the terms and conditions.
If you can't be asked to inform yourself of average prices, you should not complain if you find out later that you could have got it cheaper

Then again maybe that's what you do eh? I seem to recall that you aren't a time-served fitter but came from engineering looking for a quick buck - like ripping off pensioners. :rolleyes:
That is rather rich from somebody who openly admits to doing illegal work, which is a factual criminal offense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back