Risco LightSYSTM2 - Won't Install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Someone fitted a Risco alarm for me a while back and it was working fine but then we started having problems with it and we just left it off for a year or so. I thought I'd try to fix it recently and i powered it down totally and starting it up again it is stuck on a screen with ****.

A couple of photos are below. I am not an expert but I can re-wire etc if I need to just not sure what the issue below is. If someone could help would be great.

alaram-1.jpeg
alarm-2.jpeg

Sponsored Links
what were the problems you were having when you decided to shut it down for a year?

As you can see I only look at this when I get time (every few months :) )..

So the problems were my brother who set up the alarm didn't set up the ip module with it, so i thought i'd install it and followed the instructions. I couldn't get it working so I removed the IP module and I choose full reset or some option similar to that. So I could just set up all the zones etc again (I know how to do this as i did it with my brother and its pretty straightforward)

Since then I have had the above issue. I have tried removing all the wires for the PIR's expect just the keypad ones to see if that would fix anything but still the same.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sincere apologies for not replying to your question above i think the email notification went into my spam box.

so what have done today?

since our brother set it up originally have you spoke to him.

Sponsored Links
Yes he is too busy for this and seen as I messed it up he says I can fix it (family for you ) and he was a DIY'er anyway so not like an expert that can tell me what is wrong. The alarm system was his recommendation etc

Today i took a photo and made a diagram of all the wires for PIR's etc , i even remove the one for the bell.

and then removed all the wires and left in just one keypad , set the dip switches to what the Risco manual says and made sure the tamper dips were set so i can leave the lid of the box open

I tried it both panels I have (one on back and one on front door) and still get the same issue . I was trying to eliminate it being a panel

seriously sounds like you have gone from bad to worse with fiddling.

so what do you currently have connected, not sure why you changed the address switches or messed with the wiring

it hasn't gone from bad to worse its the same error as I got before i even touched any wires and did the reset all that time ago. So nothing has changed.

All i have connected is the Keypad panel and thats it .

As for the switches again I know exactly what i changed and I can easily go back to what it was, but it still doesn't work.

not sure I can help to be honest, you are the eyes and ears and I can only go on what you tell me so honesty id=s the best policy.

so the wiring to the keypad has not changed?
whats the address of the keypad?

I would check the dip switches and make sure if theres only one keypad all the address switches are off which is address one.

Thanks for all the help i tried all of that and still no joy at the moment..

Might try calling Risco although i know they will not give support to end users so will update here as to how it goes

well if you want help information exchange needs to be better.

You haven't answered the questions for example.

I have no idea how you got to where you are at the moment or what you have done and what you can see at each point.

so if you have checked the wiring and the address switches I would remove the battery and the mains and then turn the mains back on and advise on whats seen on the keypad

I have tried turning the mains back on and the same thing , just stars on the panel - no change

What questions ? The wiring has not changed , the address is as you suggested is 1

you said you have unwired some of the devices, keypads for example, so now only one connected.

keypads not displaying properly, usually suggest incorrectly wired or addressed, especially if its when its just been powered up.

normally pressing the button under no7 would ask you to enter code

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back