Rising main replace stopcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all I hope you might be able to help me.

My stopcock as seized and I have broken the handle,so I would like to replace it. The incoming pipe is black plastic,I believe from what I have read this would have been an imperial pipe(property built around early 70's I think.) I have measured the diameter of the pipe with a micrometer it is 20.35mm, would I be able to fit a poly 20mm to 15mm stopcock?

Sponsored Links
MDPE universal coupling.

The stopcock I have is brass poly 20mm in 15mm out.I am not an expert so can you tell me what an mdpe universal coupling is and do i need to take my old stopcock to the merchants for them to give me the correct bit.

Thamks

ivor

MDPE universal coupling.

The stopcock I have is brass poly 20mm in 15mm out.I am not an expert so can you tell me what an mdpe universal coupling is and do i need to take my old stopcock to the merchants for them to give me the correct bit.

Thamks

ivor

The universal connector will connect onto the old pipe from there
you can connect to anything you want. Ideally going to copper and then a new 22 stop valve.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back