RJ45 network cable.

S

skodaman007

Firstly,thanks for all the previous help.cctv now nearly all installed and have decent good day/night picture.

Well today i went to a shop (more like a toy shop rather than an electronics shop ) to buy the above cable and the sales agent was of little help,so i i am back here.

I want a cable to connect my dvr to my router to allow for smartphone/remote internet access.
Please can some one supply a link/info to a suitable cable it has to be 10m long,it will be run outside in plastic trunking with a bnc cable and a usb cable. thank you.

Hi De Hi...

Sponsored Links
Why would you run important cables outside of the protected premises?
What do you class as a BNC cable?
What do you class as a USB cable?

Sponsored Links
lee2009,thanks for reply.that seller is 1.5 miles from me :D.

All up and working and now i can view from my phone and the internet.

I am now thinking of a covert camera,so i will probaly be back soon.

Many thanks.

lol that is even crazyier, how are they making any money?
by using the "finest materials" that can be bought with a very very low cost. By keeping the gold plating so thin that after two or three insertions the plug contacts have lost the gold "plating" and the contact surface is base metal. Very often with low cost plugs the gold is not plated on ( electro-plated ) but is flashed on ( a thermal process similar to painting ).

Although this source is relates to gold flashing on relay contacts it is valid for all contact surfaces

http://www.elestarelays.com/en/p_e5/p2_7.php?id=18

Gold flashing does not fully cover the contact (layer thickness less than 0.5 micro metres ) and serves to protect a contact during storage. The layer is porous and thus the protective benefits of gold flashing is controversial. Gold flashing is irrelevant to the switching performance of a relay.

With nearly a 1,000 10M patch leads alone (+God knows how many shorter ones) to fit in sites around the country i could have saved a fortune by shopping on ebay and buying cheap cheap cheap.

Oh, hang on a minute.
Add in the cost of going round the sites again and fitting the proper stuff, the sort that works properly...!!!

10+ years on ebay, after buying many many many many many many cables, including lan cables, including the 500+meters of lan cable i have bought from ebay, its still going strong never had any problems with any cable bought from ebay.

10+ years on ebay, after buying many many many many many many cables, including lan cables, including the 500+meters of lan cable i have bought from ebay, its still going strong never had any problems with any cable bought from ebay.

I'm talking about current project alone. Your one box of cat5 wouldn't even cover some of the runs we have to do - and before anyone jumps in and mentions the 90/100M rule, all taken care of.

Cheap unknown toot just ain't an option.
Remember, you play at it. Some of us have to do this for a living.

sorry should of said 5+ reels of different brands from different sellers.

also where is alarm these days?

sorry should of said 5+ reels of different brands from different sellers.

also where is alarm these days?
And 5 reels ain't even a job.

a patch lead fails behind your desk, it's an easy fix. Leads and cables fail on site - less so.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back