ROAD TAX.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you renew, have a V5C/2 doc but the ref no on the doc is not recognised on the renewal site.? Confused.

Sponsored Links
You should be able to renew the tax using the registration number, I think.....the records will likely show that the 16 digit number is still registered to the previous keeper.
John :)

Reg no alone is not accepted, 12 digit reference from V5C/2 doc is also needed , but not recognised .

No idea really....I'd pop down to the nearest large Post Office on Monday and get them to sort it.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Got a feeling the post office will struggle as they will use the same info. [also tried via phone and got same error.]

How long have you had vehicle, tried to tax then sorn a new acquisition only to be told that previous keeper hadn't notified yet and that I could wait until that information was available on line, me thinks that could be quick way to a sneaky fine. If you have the green bit you can download a form from the dvla site sorn is v890 so it should be around there somewhere and post the lot to Swansea.

Rang DVLC who told me to go back to post office and insist they tax the vehicle or ring their helpline number to sort it.[which they did].

Back