Robbed S***bags.Help please

Can all these threads about posting or not posting photographs, the right way up or the wrong way round, be merged? Or better still have their own forum ;)

Cheers
Richard

Sponsored Links
With the caveat that I'm not a builder, and no one else has answered ...

My best guess would be that you need to fully support the bricks from below (and push them back up) rake out and remortar the beds either side. To be able to push the bricks up to where they need to be, you'll probably have to rake out the bed above them first as there will most likely be random bits of cement that will get in the way.

Simon THANK YOU. So it is just a case of raking out mortar and refilling it with 4-1 sand cement.

Possibly use strongboys to push it in upward position with accro.

Sponsored Links
I would think so, but as some people are only too happy to point out, I'm not a builder.

Just to check, there isn't any sign of cracks or movement other than this is there ? It's just that arches, especially shallow ones, rely on the ends being held in by whatever is alongside.
http://sonnycbrr.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/presentation-distribution-of-loads.html

I imagine it took "quite a lot" of force to shift those bricks, and if there is any sign of cracks at the side then I'd suggest getting a builder in to take a look.

No no other crack. As mentioned earlier bad people stole my lead flashing. The sides are supported by a 1 soldier brick on either side and middle by half bricks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back