Rock Asphalt DPM???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've dug a channel in the concrete floor across the kitchen floor to facilitate repositioning of the water\waste\gas services-

The photo shows the channel (you can also see the old gas pipe):

There is about 100mm of concrete overlying the earth and then 10mm of black stuff and then the old floor tiles. Is this rock asphalt?

How should I fill the channel? I assume I should not just use concrete if the original building has a surface dpm (if this is what the black stuff is).

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
1. Do you still want some help with this project?

2. For the record, when encountering what appear to be redundant gas pipes, always mechanically determine that they are not active and then physically isolate the dead leg(s). "Corgi" applies of course

Sponsored Links
Only a suggestion,but as a matter of convenience for yourself and any poster who tries to help you, why dont you post as many pics as possible of your property and say what you are totally proposing and what you have actually accomplished so far.

To make good your floor: concrete up to FFL of screed topping (below tile) polish off and when well dry, use a "brush on" membrane - the conc. and cut channel look v. dry anyhow. All pipework in conc. must be wrapped in plastic.

How do you know that this gas pipe is redundant? How do you intend to drain a waste below floor level?
Why not, for information only,get a builder round there - pay him for his time - and explain your proposals on site. Write down his answers and make sketches. Only a thought.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back