rolls royce system advice pls....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
soon to buy a 6 bedroom house, 3 showers, 2 kitchens. i need advice on a "rolls royce" central heating system. i've heard i should fit a megaflow system with a possible 250lt tank up in the loft extension. is this capacity enough? we would also like a water softner (Harvey Water Softner). contacted wocesterbosch and was advised that their heat exchangers in their new boiler range have an aluminium heat exchanger and is guaranteed for 10 years. but if i installed a water softner then the guarantee would be immediately void as the saline content of the salt would corrode the aluminium heat excahanger!.... can anyone recommend another rolls royce boiler and answer the other questions above.... pls not vaillant or baxi, have had bad experince on both of them. also is 250 lt tank enough as the next size is 300lt !!!!!!! oh also the "whole" house will have polyplumb underfloor heating system.

Sponsored Links
wot kind of dumb advice is that!!...... anyone serious out there pls answer the questions!

Sponsored Links
ok so "Atag"......... just checked out their website and they do an "A" and "Q" series any ideas which range i should be concentrating on?... and i take it they don't have an aliminium heat exchanger?. are these boilers as good as a wocester bosch?.... and kev why dont u fix your ass on one of those black irons just for fun ofcourse!.......lol

sorry lawrence i should have mentioned money is not the issue here!.... i dont think B&Q was wot i was thinking of!.... thus the topic title... rolls royce heating system advice required!

just checked out a price for a ATAG Q boiler approx. £3200.... a worcester or vaillaint would be approx. half this price!.... surely there must be some difference in quality and build?...it cant all be bullshit marketing?

Vaillant system boiler with UNISTOR , additional pump & vessel fitted to the boiler & away yer go.

Na, Worcester-Bosch are the bullsh*t marketing and Vaillant just go round with their heads up their arses

and would a 250lt tank be enough?...... also should 1 or 2 immersions be fitted as i know on the heatre sadre there are provisions for two immersions on the tank?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back