Roof Height Limit to Window for PD [Drawings]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does the maximum height for a single story rear extension using a gable or hip roof have to below the existing window?
Or can the I go above the window as long as I stay under the 4m PD rules?
I can't find anything on the planning portal unfortunately.

For example , in this drawing, would the maximum height be the "window height" or the "Bullnose Brick External Sill Height" or Can I go above these lines as long as I am under 4m?

Maximum.png

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
@catlad

The extension's height is OK because the ceiling height is 2.4m.
So there's no need to put a new window in the existing building as the extension height can be adjusted.
So does the extension have to below the window?

@^woody^
I see.(y) The reason for asking was because the proposed extension roof's height could block light to the existing window.
But now I go as you suggested and take advantage of the full 4m and ignore the window:)

How will it block 'light'? Where I live most of the 'light', comes from the Sun, which, for most of the day, is above me.

@Nakajo
Haha, my main reasoning was that I assumed there would be a rule similar to the 45 degree / right to light rule for any window that may become covered/shadowed by new buildings. But I now know there is not, so all good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back