Roof Keeps Leaking Because I Do Bad Jobs Fixing It?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Corrugated flat roof... leaks at the joint between 2 houses (where corrugated meets non-corrugated). I keep having to "fix" it every 6 months :sick:

Tried Evo Stick Flashband

Tried painting thick layer of Laybond Flexacryl

Tried Thomsons 10 Year Roof Seal

They all rubbish because they break the moment the climate changes temperature.

Was advised by friend that I need to buy ASPHALT and melt it on with a blow torch, as that's how they do it in his country.

Went to wickes... couldn't find solid asphalt. Went BnQ Screwfix checked internet etc...

Found 1 site that sells 1kg blocks for like £10. My question is, if this is the way to go why is it so difficult to find a place that sells it?

After using all this paint on stuff I don't trust those tubs of liquid that claim to instantly seal leaks.

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
A roll of flashing tape and a blowtorch to manipulate it into the corrugated side? That stuff is very very sticky when you heat the glue side so isn't likely to come off, and it has an amount of flex in it. Repaired my shed roof well a few years ago.

Was advised by friend that I need to buy ASPHALT and melt it on with a blow torch

LOL. WFT? You need some different friends, that one is trying to kill you and burn your house down.

Its not that what you are doing is bad, but its just that its the wrong type of repair. The connection detail is the problem, and so what you may need is a vertical break between the two roofs and then each roof is sealed to this. The vertical break can be a piece of timber, and then you can use lead or sticky flashing to seal the joint between each roof and the timber.

Post a photo and I'll have a look

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back