Roof Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Looking at buying a house which we have had a survey on, obviously the roof has come up as usually is the case! Can anyone offer any advice as to the condition of the roof in the picture and potential cost of replacing the roof (if you think it's needed)? I know its a stab in the dark but best estimates would be great so as to get an idea

cheers

//media.diynot.com/154000_153149_28228_12172516_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
Thanks, slight sag and few slipped tiles. Maybe its not as bad as they would have me believe????

cheers

Sponsored Links
Old roofs sag, and that in itself is not a problem, and certainly not a reason to replace anything

If you have had a survey, then surely that will state if the roof has any actual structural issues, and should tell you what is needed

If the tiles are not leaking, then again no need for any work on them

You've been mixing with the wrong crowd :rolleyes:

Generally we are beyond repute :cool:

It's the weight of those horrible hardrow slates causing the sagging

Some who knows what he is looking at..!! I'd go along with this, maybe some additional strengthening is required if not already done. Also becareful these tend to crack vertically which are diffiult to spot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back