roof renewal quote/estimate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
anyone able to give me a ball park price for a new roof its an ex council semi detached 2 storey house, 3 side with 2 hips, the front and back are about 6m long and the side is about 7m, the existing roof has tiles that are about 6-8" square, dont really mind if that type go back on or whether marley tiles, they just need to marry into or be weathered to next doors. my daughter is considering making an offer for one but the survey says the roof is gone, the house was built in 30's, it is in Lanarkshire, if anyone local wants to look at it they will be considered for the job as i'm sure she will offer on it, its right across the road from us so she is thinking of future baby sitting, as she is getting married next july
cheers

Sponsored Links
Bit of a statement " The roof is gone"
Whats gone? The timbers? Broken tiles? Chimney flashing?
I would expect that you would not have to replace the whole roof. Surely repairs could be carried out.
I would try and have a word with the guy who carried out the survey and take it from there.

Bit of a statement " The roof is gone"
Whats gone? The timbers? Broken tiles? Chimney flashing?
I would expect that you would not have to replace the whole roof. Surely repairs could be carried out.
I would try and have a word with the guy who carried out the survey and take it from there.

the survey says the roof is "time expired" it is nearly 80 yrs old with original roof (i think) poorly written by me, apologies, the timbers etc seem to be fine but they are commenting that the roof requires to be renewed, the chimney requires a little pointing but thats nothing major, i am more looking for a m2 price for this type of thing, renewing the roof would include felt and battens so hopefully someone will know what the m2 cost is for a roof of this type
cheers

I think where kirgas keeps typing "roof" he means to type "roof covering" or "roof tiles".:cool:

Are the hips ridge or bonnet/arris?

Clay or concrete replacement?

Scaffold prices should start at around £450.

Sponsored Links
I think where kirgas keeps typing "roof" he means to type "roof covering" or "roof tiles".:cool:

Are the hips ridge or bonnet/arris?

Clay or concrete replacement?

Scaffold prices should start at around £450.

i "think" you are right, haha the roof being the timber bit under the tiles, the hips are ridges, will need to have another look at the existing tiles tonight, i would prefer assistance on what to fit, and i suppose it may depend on what is already there as it will need to be sealed to next doors, although i have seen a few that look as if they have a new laed valley construction between the two different roofs
cheers
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back