roof window / velux question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am having a single storey side extension built and my builder was going to buy the windows from wickes but I had a couple of window companies come and quote. They both said wickes windows were externally beaded and not secure.

Anyway we are having a roof light installed and the builder is getting this from wickes too, he said the roof lights they sell are good quality and secure, is this true or should i request real velux ones?

Sponsored Links
I only ever fit Velux and rarely shop at Wickes so can't comment.

I have to say though the Velux winows are a doddle to fit.

the roof windows at wickes if i remember correctly are the ones with integrated flashing and they are babba. if you want a roof window velux should always be your choice they are reasonably priced and easy to fit, they are better than any thing else on the market.
as for your windows, go to a local manufacturer they will be cheaper and better + you can specify any additional security features you want, wickes is ok for plaster etc and the special offers nothing else

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back