Roofing Associations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, do any of you roofer's out there belong to a roofing association like the NFRC etc?
I was thinking of joining one just wondered what you thought about them? that goes for home owners as well as roofers.
Cheers
Dave

Sponsored Links
Tbh there isn't really a main one that customers recognise. You much better off joining something like the Trustmark scheme.

Tbh there isn't really a main one that customers recognise. You much better off joining something like the Trustmark scheme.
Funny you should mention the Trustmark scheme as that's what I was looking at, but I think you have to be a member of one of the associations first, but I might be wrong, I will look at the leaflet again.
Cheers
Dave

Sponsored Links
I do a good job New Forest Roofer, i would say 90% of my work is referal,just looking for a new angle and though this might help.
Cheer
Dave

I do a good job New Forest Roofer, i would say 90% of my work is referal,just looking for a new angle and though this might help.
Cheer
Dave

I'm sure you do a good job (as I hope we do too!). Having the Trustmark gives you the edge on quotes. the trustmark referral letter and leaflet goes great with your written quotes. We were in the fair trades first, then we got referred to TM.

In my point of view there are so many of them all proposing to give you that edge but all they are about is taking money off you.
I have looked into a good many of them and there are none that will actually verify your work and also there seems to be no governing body as such, other than self appointed ones.
In my work I see many cowboys in vans loaded down with ladders and affiliated badges carrying out atrocious work day in and day out.

The NFRC is a very good association for both the member and householders, they do vet all new potential members and deal with all complaints either on behalf of the roofer or on behalf of roofers customer.

Any member that does not deal with a complaint in a stisfactory way will be expelled from the association. The NFRC will arrange to rectify any problems that have occurred as a result of a members actions.
As a member you will automatically be put forward into the Trustmark scheme, as well as the new 'competent roofer' scheme.

I think it's the best association by far, as it has strict rules and gives you as much help as you need.

Regards
Jon

Having been a member of the NFRC (Now no longer roofing) I thought they were an excellent organisation.The amount of work that they reffered to me was brilliant so on a buisness level it was extremely useful.They have a very strict vetting procedure of your buisness,making sure that the office side is run properly and that the the work you carry out is of a high standard.They do this by coming and checking previous work.When I joined they went over 3 different re-roofs with a fine toothcomb , asking lots of technical questions to check I knew my stuff plus a visual inspection .Once i became a member it helped to keep abreast of developments in the industry and provided quality training in things like solar installations for my workforce. Their technical department were really helpfull. The organisation has been going for something like 120 years and is a very serious body advising goverment on leglistative issues regarding the roofing industry.By being a memberall new roof work was eligible for insurance backed warranties through the trustmark scheme which gives you the edge over companies offering worthless personal "guarantees".I know I must sound like I get commission for recommending them but when you've had such good service from an organisation its nice to give something back, hope this helps.

Having been a member of the NFRC (Now no longer roofing) I thought they were an excellent organisation.The amount of work that they reffered to me was brilliant so on a buisness level it was extremely useful.They have a very strict vetting procedure of your buisness,making sure that the office side is run properly and that the the work you carry out is of a high standard.They do this by coming and checking previous work.When I joined they went over 3 different re-roofs with a fine toothcomb , asking lots of technical questions to check I knew my stuff plus a visual inspection .Once i became a member it helped to keep abreast of developments in the industry and provided quality training in things like solar installations for my workforce. Their technical department were really helpfull. The organisation has been going for something like 120 years and is a very serious body advising goverment on leglistative issues regarding the roofing industry.By being a memberall new roof work was eligible for insurance backed warranties through the trustmark scheme which gives you the edge over companies offering worthless personal "guarantees".I know I must sound like I get commission for recommending them but when you've had such good service from an organisation its nice to give something back, hope this helps.

I'm pleased with the membership benefits I get from the NFRC, the only thing that's let them down is your blatant spamming in both of your two hit wonder posts.
You don't need to do a thing like that for such a well established federation. Knob.

Previous President used to work for us, they have some great **** ups :mrgreen:

I still have the 2009 bituminous membrane trophy somewhere, great night out !

Previous President used to work for us, they have some great p**s ups :mrgreen:

Really? You have a bituminous membrane trophy? Thats a good tool to use when quoting a job! 'Hey, look at my trophy collection' :)

Previous President used to work for us, they have some great p**s ups :mrgreen:

Really? You have a bituminous membrane trophy? Thats a good tool to use when quoting a job! 'Hey, look at my trophy collection' :)

We don't quote, we tender. Including Hampshire CC's work, good earner down that way. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back