Roofing Q - -Work is in progress - is this right?

Sponsored Links
I expect they have thought it through and not created themselves more work than needed -they've fixed more roofs than I have :) will have a chat with them in the morning.

If I was more knowledgeable I would have asked all these questions before they started - I'll know next time :) I still would personally have prefered the Roofshield to cover entirely (just seems logical)

I am confused myself it looks like the neighbours tiles are only overlapping by an inch or so, that may explain the coursing going skew- wiff.

yes when hes worked in the join thats when you'll see what its like but a think hes thinking about if hes trying to work in full tiles to the chimney

Sponsored Links
The roofshield should not be visabile at the eaves!!! felt support trays or 5u should be used at eaves.
Sorry to say but don't think these guys have done maney roofs

we use 5u on site into gutters but being honest it aint that big a deal and is only really started being used with the addition of breathable felt at end of the day the felt all rots away and it will be the tiles that are doing the job.

breathable dosen't rot when not exsposed to sunlight!! Thats why felt support trays are used. And who wants to see a green strip of roofshield at gutter line

how you know they aint going to trim back on finish and you must have some eyesite to see green felt from the ground and that felt will rot in 20 years gaurenteed

By the look of the second picture it doesn't look like they have left enough headlap on the tiles hence the difference in courses. There should be a minimum of 3" so may be worth checking.

Cheers xfr - see what you mean with support trays. The neighbours roof has been done a few years and their felt is visible so I thought this was normal!!

DAZB - I'll take a look at that. A fairly rough measurement from a photo suggests it is OK - the neighbours tiles on the other hand don't look as if they have that much overlap and I wonder if part of the issue is that my guys are doing it right and that's why they can't link in with next door?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back