roofing question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am using a redland regent tile for a roof pitch of 14 degrees, according to the guide the tiles require a headlap of 100 with minimum baten spacing of 293mm however having set this out it only gives me a headlap of 75, what difference will it make if I decrease the baten space to give me the required headlap?

Sponsored Links
how have you determined you only have 75mm hl at 293mm? I think you have miss measured/calculated.

I set it out on the roof using a baton cut to 293 for the spacing. Baton size for tiles I have used is 38x25

When you work out your spacings you have calculated the 293mm from top edge to top edge of the battens and NOT inbetween haven't you? If it's calculated inbetween you'll be 38mm out which is a little over the overlap you're missing.

Sponsored Links
An idiot proof way of gauging is to lay two tiles on the floor as if you are laying them on the roof i.e. consecutive courses and not side by side.

Space the tiles so that you have 100mm lap.

Carefully flip 'em over and measure between the nibs/lugs.

Hi

Question: Not wishing to tell anyone how to suck eggs or add insult to injury, but is a 38x25 batten suitable for the type of tile being fitted?

I would have thought ok with rosemary's but redland regent's?

Regards

done job, the guage was from centres not as I originally thought between batten. DOH!! as for size of batten, it says in the guide what size of batten is required which is 38 x 25

From the Redland website

Batten Size 38 x 25 mm rafter centres up to 450 mm
50 x 25 mm rafter centres up to 600 mm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back