roofing shoes /boots - uppers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have found a some threads on roofers boots but though they mention a lot of shoes/ boots its based on the grip of the sole.

After working on one side of the roof, fitting dry verges and repairing rotten felt and battens etc found that one my cheap boots had worn though on the upper about in line with the little toe.

Can see loads of boots in Screwfixs catlaogue etc but no clue as to how strong the uppers are other than a metal toe cap.

Any suggestions of any shoe/boot having really good uppers that will withstand the sandpaper effect of old tiles before I wear my toes away!

Sponsored Links
You must be doing a lot of 'shuffling' to wreck your boots so quickly.

I usually wear trainers as I don't like the restrictions of boots or any heavy footwear, not elf and safety compliant I know, but that's what I am more comfortable with.

I am sure someone will be along shortly to give you some good advice.

Sponsored Links
Ha was thinking this the other day!!i go throw boots like there going out of fashion :( think we need to design proper roofing boots with extra material on sides to stop them wearing away
:!:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back