Room temp. Control vaillant boiler fix?

Sponsored Links
Please guide me once more l have got honeywell 900 and its just got thermostat control its not rf controller.
The CM901 and CM907 are programmable thermostats

In the manual it says a and b switch connection that i understand but here it shows that u need to connect A to C in honey well......am i right or just confused
Your confused. ;)

The rectangle in the diagram around "CM900" and "A,B,C" represents the thermostat and the relay inside. The relay connects A to B (heating system) or A to C (cooling system). The diagram shows A connected to C.

i can see only 2 core wire is going to be used with blue and brown color is brown going to be inserted in A. Or it dont matter
It doesn't really matter, but it's preferable if the brown connects to A and blue (with brown sleeve each end to show it's the switched live) to B.

A should connect to terminal 3 on the boiler and B to terminal 4. Nothing needs to be connected to terminal 5.

Terminals A and B on the CM900 do indeed provide the switching facility. Do not connect anything to C. The drawing you posted shows that clearly.

Both A and B will be 'Live'. Therefore both should have brown conductors. This is usually achieved by adding a brown sleeve to the blue wire. The drawing here is of a lighting circuit, so don't get hung up on the details, my purpose in showing it is so you can see the brown sleeve on one of the blue wires.

Then the two brown switch wires connect to the appropriate terminals at your boiler, both of which will also be 'live' and can be identified from the wiring diagrams in your boiler manual.

But as I said before, if you can't understand the drawings, it would be better if you didn't attempt it.

Sponsored Links
With the help of @Aquaheat guide which fully elaborated by othet team members was helpul and now my honeywell907 is working fine.thanks to people who discourage others in funny way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back