Room thermostat - faulty ?

BTW, just to make sure that I'm understanding things 100% correctly re the wiring -

looking at the photo of my existing stat:

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g319/Dalek99999/Inside.jpg

connections are as follows, is this correct:

Yellow = Heating Load
Red = Neutral
Green = Earth
Blue = Live

Hang on, NO, that can't be right. Damn old wiring .........

So what should it be, and how does it tie up with the 6360B wiring as in this PDF:

http://www.uk-plumbing.com/brochure/honeywell/T6360Data.pdf

BTW, now off to order that 6360B online .......... :)

Sponsored Links
In the new stat:

1 = red

2 = blue

3 = yellow

(obviously earth as earth)

Just out of interest, if my existing stat gives up the ghost (or gets really annoying with switching off the heating before it should) before the replacement arrives, is there any way that I can bypass it or leave it permanently on?

I can then at least turn off the heating at the control panel if it gets too warm.

Sponsored Links
Anyone? Please? I need to fit this late Thursday morning you see.

I can't see what could be connected to screw terminal 4 anyhow as I'll have no extra wires, but am curious why it's there.

Thanks

Don't fret about terminal 4. Its used for some motorized valves, which your system obviously doesn't have.

Just follow Londonboys instructions, and you'll be OK. ;)

Well, I replaced the thermostat and it appeared to work okay.

Heating was on, radiators nice and hot for a good few hours, much better than with the old stat.

Thermometer in the hall (only a couple of feet from the wall thermostat) is now reading 18c and I had the thermostat set to 22c yet the heating has now gone off.

I've turned the thermostat up to 25c and it's still not come back on. Tried 30c - still no joy.

Boiler is a Danesmoor 15/19 and that has a Thermostat on it yet adjusting that makes no difference.

Am I missing something ?

I know that if I leave it for a few hours it WILL come back on again, but surely it should come back on if I crank the thermostat up higher?

Is there some kind of cut off on the boiler which means that it will only pump out maximum heating for a certain amount of time?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back