Room Thermostat problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My RF thermostat fires up sends a signal to the control centre. On the control centre the light turns on and clicks but then immediately turns off again. my question is if I need to change the RT or could the problem be also with the zone valve that is connected between the RT and the boiler?

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't rule out the zone valve and check your handset for battery replacement.

I've changed the batteries still same problem. how do I check if the problem is with the stat or the zone valve?

Some information about your equipment would be helpful, e.g make and model of wireless thermostat

Sponsored Links
Ok, It's a wireless Salus programmable room thermostat Model RT500RF and Honey well zone valve removable head V4043.

Thermostat - Com links to live. No goes to brown of valve. Grey and Orange from valve go to volt free terminal of boiler.

if the light is going out on the receiver the fault is with the thermostat or the receiver, nothing to do with the zone valve, when you changed the RF address, did you change it at both the stat and receiver ? Salus are really poor

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
I’ve change both the stat and the receiver address but that didn’t solve the problem. The receiver is getting the signal from the stat. The receiver makes a click the green light turns on but immediately turns off again. If I disconnect the receivers N.O or Com wires or both is there any way to test both ends that will confirm if the problem is with the thermostat?

I’ve change both the stat and the receiver address but that didn’t solve the problem. The receiver is getting the signal from the stat. The receiver makes a click the green light turns on but immediately turns off again. If I disconnect the receivers N.O or Com wires or both is there any way to test both ends that will confirm if the problem is with the thermostat?
Turn the power off put both wires from com and NO into the same terminal, or join them together and insulate and turn power back on and if the zone valve opens and the boiler fires then the receiver or stat are at fault

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back